Basic Microsoft Word
December 6, 2023 @ 6:00 pm – January 24, 2024 @ 8:00 pm
THIS CLASS MUST BE REGISTERED FOR IN OFFICE OR OVER PHONE, PLEASE CALL 903-823-3015
This six week, introductory-level course designed to provide technology skills required in a business environment, including workplace technology standards in the application of 2019 Microsoft Word and to gain a greater understanding of its interface and design elements. The course focuses on mastering the fundamental tasks performed in 2019 Microsoft Word, including typing, formatting, editing, proofing, finalizing, and printing a document.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the interface components of a Word Documents
- Understand the purpose for using Word Documents
- How to create Business documents from templates
- Formatting and editing document elements
- Inserting and manipulating tables, pictures, shapes, smart art, and textbox.
- Demonstrate proficiency with documents and paragraph layout formats
- Change themes and styles to match the documents purpose
- Create a formatted, proofed, and printed Word document
- Use references such as word court, spell check, and thesaurus
- Choose appropriate customization options for the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
NO CLASS DECEMBER 20TH OR 27TH, 2023